When considering purchasing your home, please consider the amount of time needed to maintain your landscaping and if you are willing to put in the time or hire a landscaper to keep your property well maintained.
There are many options to consider if you have decided that you do not want to spend a considerable amount of time with the upkeep of your home outdoor surroundings.
- Consider planting perennials so you can savor their blooms year after year without having to plant every season. There are so many vibrant colors, textures to add to your landscaping with perennials that create an inviting and welcoming environment for your home.
- Plant evergreens rather than deciduous trees. How many people actually enjoy raking leaves every autumn? The less deciduous trees the less leaves on your lawn and property that will need to be removed at the end of the season.
- Have you considered creating an automated sprinkler system during the late spring and summer to water your lawn and garden? Set it and forget it!
- Or possibly plant succulents that don’t require much watering. There are a large variety of succulents that can enhance your outdoor designs, add to borders, rock gardens and the like.
- Use native plants that are drought resistant and hardy.
- This may not be for everyone but how about artificial grass? Now a days there are different grades of this fake turf that looks like the real thing. Who want to spend the time every week to mow the lawn when you can be spending time at the beach or catching up on golf or spending time on your favorite hobby.
By adding any one of these options can cut down on the amount of time spent maintaining your yard and landscaping. There are many ways to beautify your property with low-maintenance alternatives for your landscaping design.